Revision 1 – 9 March 2022
PLAN – DO – CHECK – ACT (PDCA) CYCLE
Management system standards outline a process approach which incorporates the Plan-DoCheck-Act (PDCA) cycle. The PDCA cycle enables an organisation to ensure that its processes are adequately resourced and managed and that opportunities for improvement can be identified and acted on.
The PDCA cycle is outlined in more detail below.
• Define the scope of the management system. The scope of the management system is to comprehensively cover the product/service offered by the organisation
• Establish the objectives of the management systems
• Ensure that there are adequate resources to deliver results
• Ensure that top management demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the management system
• Understand the needs and expectations of internal and external interested parties
• Define organisational process risks and opportunities.
• Develop and implement policies, procedures, and templates
• Define the critical processes in the supply chain of the organisation
• Complete internal audits as per the audit schedule
• Complete management review meetings as per compliance requirements
• Train staff/contractors in organisational processes
• Identify risks and opportunities and outline appropriate mitigation factors.
• Assess performance against key performance indicators
• Assess any trends at management review meetings
• Assess any trends at internal audits
• Assess any trends with respect to nonconformances/corrective actions
• Ascertain whether any changes need to be made with the Internal Audit Program.
• Make required changes to the management system in order to make ongoing organisational improvements
• Benchmark against similar organisations nationally/internationally
• Review long term organisational strategies.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us on 1300 367 782 or firstname.lastname@example.org